[thechat] FX: (Egad! ... another guitar thread!)

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 05:54:29 CST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:35:43AM -0600, Luther, Ron wrote:

> Any good recommendations for guitar 'effect' toys?

Well, I *heart* my Korg AX-30 multi effects unit. How can you not love
something that has a preset distortion patch called "Hostile"

Mine:
http://polytechnic.co.uk/node/view/80 (black thing with lots of pedals at
the bottom).

ObHarmonyCentral:
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Korg/AX30G-01.html

Manuals and Patches:
http://www.wizard.net/~jtsinger/ax30g1.html

It's pretty old, but if you can find one second hand it's a great toy to get
those creative juices flowing. Or to scare the neighbourhod with.

Lots and lots of different effects that can be chained together, and if you
have two amps it can do stereo output (watch that phaser doesn't mess with
your head!). Has an in built expression pedal too, so let those psuedo
Hendrix impressions fly *:)

G.