[thechat] Baby

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Dec 15 11:33:34 CST 2003

> I don't know where the last 3 months have gone.

I think we have a pretty good idea where 9 of those
13 weeks went.

> I have baby boy called David who is 9 weeks old,
> is totally gorgeous and growing well.

I won't ask for a vision test; even *ugly* babies are
beautiful. It's that way with miracles. But it'll be nice
to see the pics, so we can all go "ooh" and "aah"
and act like we've never seen a baby before. I
remember my own, and the joy he brought into our
lives, and before that, I yearned for it.

Even when they're teenagers and you want to wring
their necks, it's impossible to imagine life without
them. "If the universe has any purpose more
important than topping a woman you love and
making a baby with her hearty help, I've never heard
of it." — Robert Anson Heinlein

> He was discovered to be a breech baby back
> in August a month before he was due which
> lead to a lot of tears and heartache.

I know it's supposed to be a snap today, having a
baby. You're not just supposed to have the baby
and be out again in 20 minutes, but back to work in
3 hours. But it's not that simple. My boy was an
emergency c-section, due to fetal distress. The
second pregnancy was stillborn mixed-sex twins.
The third pregnancy was a full-term stillborn, and
they ruined her uterus in trying to deliver it.

That doesn't make the first one any more special;
that'd be like making water wetter. But it makes you
worry that much more every time you hear of a
friend or relative that's expecting.

Glad everything turned out OK - and good luck with
the next one or two or twelve, too.

And don't forget David's pics. Maybe a shot of the
three of you?

deke

--
You can't shake it (or break it) with your Motown
You can't melt it down in the rain