[thechat] ROTK - caution - spoilers!!!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 10:48:42 CST 2003

On 20 Dec 2003, at 11:44, Morgan Kelsey wrote:

> and then the ending -- what a disaster!!!
>
> PJ apparently thinks after making a movie ABOUT tolkien's books, that
> he can
> write a better ending than old JRR. ugh, its the song that never ends,
> it goes
> on and on my friends....

Well - I'll let him off the Scouring of the Shire (but only just) by
doing the Grey Havens approximately right.

And all the other essential stuff that got missed out (Saruman and the
palantir - *completely* daft with Pippin 'just finding it', Aragorn and
the Palantir, the House of Healing) will be on the DVD.

The force that marched up to the Black Gate was way too small, though,
and the route that Frodo & Sam took across Mordor was the wrong route
dammit.

PJ can write better dialogue than Tolkein, though.

Cheers
Martin