[thechat] snow

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Wed Jan 14 09:41:00 CST 2004

At 10:30 14/01/2004 -0500, javier velasco wrote:
>So far, I've only had to shovel my car out a couple of mornings... and BTW
>that day I thought about asking here about what is the right technique for
>shoveling in order to avoid back injuries. Any tips?

   Lift with your knees, not your back - same as any other lifting, really.

>Santiago's extreme temps range between 100 - 20 F (yes, I've learned the
>conversions).

   Bah! Don't give in, make THEM learn civilised measurements. I can
convert in my head by now, since a lot of American-designed weather
monitoring programs only output in F, but I refuse to ever give a
temperature in Fahrenheit if I can help it at all.

   Drew.