Madhu Menon wrote on 23/01/2004 1:05 AM +0530: > http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/news/archive/com_12065674.shtml A few years ago, a large gas plant here in Victoria suffered an explosion (a bad one; some people were killed), and as a result, good chunks of the state were totally without natural gas for several weeks. I'd say it's probably about half-and-half in Australia (well... capital cities, anyway) between people who have gas hot water or electric, and between people who have gas cooking or electric. As a result, therefore, a lot of people had to have icy-cold showers, and go without cooking. There was quite a bit of news coverage about enterprising souls who couldn't cook in their ovens cooking things in the dishwasher (which is electrically heated, obviously). Don't know anyone who did it seriously (my sister did as a bit of a joke), but there were recipes in the newspapers, so they must have thought that SOME people were doing it. Paul.