[thechat] Hardware Problem

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Wed Jan 28 04:15:59 CST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:00:19 +0000, William Anderson wrote
> Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Now the situation is that I cannot go to setup as it requires a password
which I
> > never set.
>
> Switch off the PC, remove mains lead, remove the battery, leave the
> battery out overnight, return next morning, reinsert battery,
>  reattach mains lead, power on PC, enter BIOS settings.  Alternately
> the mobo may have a 'reset BIOS' jumper which will need to be closed
> on power-up to reset the BIOS, then opened at next power off to
> avoid resetting on each reboot - check your mobo manual, YMMV.

I have a vague memory that I had a similar problem some years ago that the
above actions did not fix. As I recall there was a default password which I
was able to find out from a web search regarding the BIOS version.

[..]

Regards

Chris Marsh