[thechat] ASP + Rock = evoltspotting!

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed Jan 28 15:15:28 CST 2004

Luther, Ron wrote:

>javier velasco asked:
>

>>http://www.fangsnclaws.com/
>>
>>OH, btw, now that I'm in the same country, do you have any childs of
>>such cactus that you could box and mail me? is that even legal?
>>

>Hi Javier!
>
>No problem - I don't think I've managed to kill that one yet. [Hurray!]
>(If you or Pilar can explain to me how I can take a cutting from it I
>can certainly send it to you.)
>
>BTW - I think I probably picked it up (cheap) at a Wal*Mart or Home Depot
>or something ... probably Home Depot ... {I certainly didn't buy it at a
>'fancy plant' store!} ... so you might take a look at what they have.

Doh! I guess it's a better idea to search for one in my local market
first...

in any case, just for the sake of it, I ran a couple of searches...
there are lots of nice cacti cultivation sites (with way too many
focusing on Lophophora and Tricicereus, lol)

here's nice info, I always reproduced them by way of division. that's
the kind of thing I was asking for, any other thing requires lots of
experience.
http://www.succulent-plant.com/propagation.html

http://www.succulent-plant.com/cult.html nice general care tips

nice pictures...
http://www.cacti.co.nz/cultivation.html

I killed one of these! it was my absolute favorite :(
http://www.cacti.co.nz/images/growing_guide/conophytum_wetsteinii_breaking_dormancy.jpg

>RonL.
>(Who recently(?) bought a really really cool looking African cactus in
>this kind of sea foam green color that's pretty neat! Hmmm ... I'll
>have to take a picture!)

yes, pics!
doh! I owe you some / blush