B.O.B.s - wuz RE: [thechat] RE: truck nuts

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 09:19:37 CST 2004

Hi Ron --

> >>but his wife can't buy as a sex toy the appendage to which the nuts
> >>would have been attached.
>

> Hi Bri,
>
> I've often wondered if this was true. (Or, if it was true in
> the past -
> if it were still true today.) We've been hearing this complaint for
> quite a while now and the time may have come to set the record
> straight ... uh, so to speak!  ;-P

Well, the key phrase there was "as a sex toy." You can buy sex toys in
Texas, but they have to marketed as novelty items, as this current case
outlines:

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/11/obscenity.trial.reut/

"Webb, 43, was arrested in November by two undercover police officers
for selling sexual toys and charged with violating Texas obscenity laws.
She could face up to a year in jail and a fine of $4,000 if convicted."

This law is beyond stupid, because as this write-up states:

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/grossman/20040127.html

"After all, customers have to learn that the devices exist, and learn
how to use them, before they can avail themselves of the right to use
them. There is little value to the right to do something, without the
accompanying right to learn how."

So there you go.

--Bri

---