[thechat] Dress sizes

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 05:35:51 CST 2004

At 11:04 on Monday, 15 Mar 2004, Madhu Menon wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I've never understood how these foreign dress sizes work. For instance,
> I take it that a size 6 is thin? What exactly does it correspond to? And
> is size 14 big?
>
> Please enlighten me. :)

So what size are you looking for sir (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

these should help:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/womens_clothing.htm

http://www.alight.com/sizing-guidelines.html

http://www.fiber-images.com/Free_Things/Reference_Charts/standard_measurements.htm

when it comes down to it the size number is the smallest size the
manufacturer of the garment thinks he can get away with.

based on:

all size 14 women would really like to get into a size 12, so if the label
says size 12 and it fits they feel great! - if they feel great they buy...