[thechat] Photoshop advice

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Mar 17 13:55:25 CST 2004

Dudes,

This is NOT a web development-related question, since I no longer do that. :p

Anyway, my graphics program skills leave lots to be desired, so I'm asking
for some help.

The photographer who shot my food pics put them against a black bg. He
figured it was easier to replace it.

Take this one, for instance: http://www.shiokfood.com/images/17.jpg

I want to put the dish against a white background. So I thought I'd use the
magic wand tool to select the black, and replace it or delete it. Simple, eh?

Bzzt!

That still leaves a black fringe ring around the plate. Do any of you pros
know how to fix this without taking up too much time?

TIA,

Madhu