[thechat] Photoshop advice

Syed Zeeshan Haider szhatforums at hotpop.com
Wed Mar 17 23:01:03 CST 2004

From: "javier velasco"

> Ouch!
>
> FWIW: you have the million dollar question.
>
> Shifting from black to white bacgrounds is one of the toughest thing
> I've tried, and never have been satisfied with the results. You could be
> able to find some decent balance if you had a larger version of the
> image to start with, or if you are going to use a smaller version for
> the end result.
>
> (surprise), it was not so bad afterall with your case.... let me know if
> this is decent enough for you...
>
> 1 make a copy of the image layer and leave another layer between your
> original and your copy, paint that flat layer white
> 2- select the black background with the magic wand (when using a
> tolerance of 20 it requires to click a couple of times with shift
> pressed to add on to your selection)
> 3 then go to menu - select - modify - expand, here you can play with
> expand by 1 or 2 pixels
> 4 select - feather by 1 pixel
> 5 now you can delete your black selection
>
> not so bad afterall http://mantruc.com/gfx/17wht.jpg
>
> disclaimer, I learned this from a book :)
>

> Anyway, looks yummy ;)

Thanks, javier! I have just learnt another PS trick. I am a time consumer man. I
would try to remove the black shade type thing on the top edge of plate using
Layer Mask and Rubber tool. Of course it needs lots time and mouse movement
accuracy.
Madhu, white background doesn't look good as it emphasizes the yellow stain type
things on the bottom edge of plate. Try to remove these things as well with PS.

Regards,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://szh.envy.nu/