Anime and other stoof was: [thechat] Anybody here?

Ben Dyer bendyer at swbell.net
Wed Apr 7 15:49:47 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, Apr 7, 2004, at 04:01 US/Central, Martin wrote:
>> {Ya there Ben? I finished watching Azumanga Daioh over the weekend -
>> man,
>> I gotta get me one of those Iriomote wildcats!},

I dunno, they seem prone to hand biting.  *chomp*

On a somewhat related note, I see you're mostly going through my Top 25
list again. :)  My anime-viewing habits have been a bit awkward lately,
but there's a new season afoot, so I'm trying to ramp up (and finish
last season off).

Biggest show with buzz right now (at least in American circles):
Samurai Champloo.  It has about half the team that worked on Cowboy
Bebop (including director Shinichiro Watanabe) and is supposed to be
meshing samurai culture with hip-hop music (which sounds bizarre until
you remember that Cowboy Bebop meshed futuristic, space-bound bounty
hunters with 1940s jazz music).  Show was licensed a long time ago, but
people in the know will still be able to download it after its
broadcast in mid-May.

Official site (with trailer):

http://www.samuraichamploo.com/

Oh yeah, one other thing - they've announced that at A-Kon this year in
Dallas, the very talented and popular group Do As Infinity will be
performing.  If anyone is nearby, I highly recommend them.

--Ben

--------
ToSon BT
http://www.tosonbt.com/