[thechat] conspiracy theory?: spam created to sell more anti spam software?[OT?]

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Thu Apr 8 13:39:28 CDT 2004

On 8 Apr 2004 at 10:06, Martin Burns wrote:
> > But how you make a solution like that work with YahooGroups or
> > TheChat? I dunno. There needs to be a filter, I guess, so that I can
> > let
> > certain IPs mail to that address, while everyone else gets the
> > autoresponder.

> Simple whitelisting.

Simple? There aren't any hooks in "vacation" for setting up a whitelist.
You're going to have to write custom software to do it - not the world's
biggest challenge, I admit - and then figure out a way to keep the
whitelist up to date whenever Topica or TheChat, etc., add or replace a
server. That part *would* be a challenge.