[thechat] Some Indian recipes

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Apr 12 14:34:50 CDT 2004

On 12 Apr 2004 at 17:04, Madhu Menon wrote:
> A 9-year-old girl accused of stealing a rabbit and $10 from a neighbor's
> home was arrested, handcuffed and questioned at a police station.

> A Pasco County sheriff's deputy found the black-and-white rabbit, named
> Oreo, hopping around in the girl's living room, according to the arrest
> report. She was read her rights and taken away in the back of a patrol car.

It probably scared the bejeezus out of her, but isn't that a good thing?

I wouldn't want to see her get 10 days in jail, but getting cuffed and
hauled away to the police station for questioning probably not only be
effective behavior-modification therapy for her, but for all the kids who
know her, as well. And an arrest at the age of 9 isn't going to follow her
around for life, like an arrest at the age of 19 would.

deke