[thechat] WAS Anybody here NOW: guitar ka-ka

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Apr 13 12:36:08 CDT 2004

> Whoa! ... Careful there, nagrom! ... You may not know this, but there are
> a LOT of accordian players in Cleveland, Ohio ... Bob Wills may be the
king
> around these here parts ... but up there it's still Frankie Yankovic!

*cough*
I'm sorry if I seemed glib, I assure you I hold the accordian in the highest
esteem

To clear the air quickly, Frankie Yankovic is *NOT* related to Weird Al
Yankovic. He may very well still be the king of Cleveland, but it's awful
hard to hear the low notes under 6 feet of dirt and from inside a coffin.
However, Weird Al is a huge fan of Frankie (and a damn fine accordianist at
that)

He (Al) even appeared on one of Frankie's albums, "Frankie Yankovic &
Friends - Songs Of The Polka King". They perform "Who Stole The Keeshka"

So put that in your Texas longhorn and smoke it, Mr. Smarty-Pants.
:-P