[thechat] Kangaroo gets hero award

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Apr 29 01:34:00 CDT 2004

At 11:27 29/04/2004, Paul Cowan wrote:
>other creatures, one of the more dangerous animals in Merry Old Oz is
>actually a large, flightless bird... a large flightless bird that's been
>known to disembowel people.
>
>http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200302/200302_big_bird_1.html

<quote>

"Thing is, they're usually shy," explains Bruce. "Except when they eat
fermented bush fruit. Then they get drunk, and mean." He signals for
another beer. "And, mate, that's where your trouble starts."

</quote>

Isn't cultural integration great? Even the wildlife likes to get pissed, mate!

ROFLMAO.

(And true blue Aussies won't be offended by that, since they 'grow up
giving shit to each other' as one of my friends there put it.)

I'm reminded of Andrew Denton's show when an American guest (was it Sting?)
asked him, "So what's the national dish of Australia?" and Denton replies
without batting an eyelid, "Oh, roast beer."

LOL again.

Cheers,

Madhu
PS: Paul, that article had me in splits. Stuff like:  "In April, a busload
of Japanese tourists was held hostage by a hungry adult bird as it
head-butted the vehicle's door. In May, rambunctious teenage cassowaries
totaled five cars in a hotel parking lot, karate-chopping the hoods."