[thechat] Re: Gasoline/Petrol prices

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Fri Apr 30 12:01:25 CDT 2004

On Apr 30, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Barry Sweeney wrote:

> Bob Davis wrote:
>>
>> Yup - and it'll do it. I've always loved the 7, and seriously
>> believe that some day I will own an Elise.
>
> Stick to the 7 Bob, you know it makes sense :)

How do you not love a car with no doors and is so low that you can
touch the pavement from the driver's seat (through the hole where the
door would be, if there was one)?

There's a place near me that builds replicas (Chaterham maybe?) with
Suzuki Hayabusa (stupidly fast motorcycle) engines in them. They strip
anything not needed for the track (like windscreens) and drag race
them. I think they make over 180hp in a car that weighs all of 1300 lbs
(maybe). That's a serious power to weight ratio. Thing's got to be evil
to drive.

bob