[thechat] Re: Gasoline/Petrol prices

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Apr 30 15:14:52 CDT 2004

Judah McAuley noted:

>>Yeah, I help put on the Oregon Trail Rally every year
>>(http://www.oregontrailrally.com/ ). I think this was my 7th year
>>helping organize. It's kind of a family thing.

Fun!

>>I new that Bob Davis was a former rallye person.

Yup. Me too.  Although I never had the budget to run 'pro'. I used
to run a number of TSD rallyes organized by the SCCA, the Cleveland
Sports Car Club, the Northeastern Ohio MG Club, and the Tuscarawas
Valley Touring Club ... strictly class "B" and "C". (Never went the
'full equipment' route for Class "A".) [We had some tough competitors.
One of our Class A crowd won the Cannonball ... more than once I
believe. {'Course having BMW as sponsor and John Buffum as driver
certainly didn't hurt their chances!}]

I probably still have a dozen 'dash plaques' stuck to the front of
my stereo cabinet!  ;-)

The "Ohio Winter Rallye" was our biggest annual event.  A night drive
through hills and single lane covered bridges in Amish country ... in
February - which usually guaranteed plenty of ice and snow!  Big Fun!
Had breakfast one year with a nice fellow from Michigan who had rolled
his car.

I think Autocross and Gymkhana were bigger down in the Akron area ...
I never did find any to compete in up in Cleveland.

>>It's alright..Maude had a good run.

Ah! Alright then.  'Art cars' come out for parade at least once a
year here in Houston.

RonL.