[thechat] Re: Gasoline/Petrol prices

Barry Sweeney barry at sweeneys.net
Fri Apr 30 15:42:14 CDT 2004

thechat-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2004, at 11:47 AM, Barry Sweeney wrote:
>
>> Bob Davis wrote:
>>>
>>> Yup - and it'll do it. I've always loved the 7, and seriously
>>> believe that some day I will own an Elise.
>>
>> Stick to the 7 Bob, you know it makes sense :)
>
> How do you not love a car with no doors and is so low that
> you can touch the pavement from the driver's seat (through
> the hole where the door would be, if there was one)?

I think we may be saying the same thing Bob, stick to the 7.  I have a 1986
Caterham Seven with a 1.8 litre Ford Zetec, 175hp, 550Kg.  Lovely car, ever
so easy to drive, but the more recent 230hp, 480Kg (R500) and the 165hp
(Fireblade), 375Kg ones are even more fun.

Wouldn't ever be without one now, pics at www.sweeneys.net/karussel.jpg and
www.sweeneys.net/spa2.jpg

Barry