[thechat] Little white Corvette

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue May 4 17:08:10 CDT 2004

Madhu Menon bemoaned:

>>1) They're freakin' expensive. Over there, a mid-range car probably costs
>>you 2-3 months of salary. Here it's about 18 months. Forget about "sports
>>cars".

Hi Madhu,

I sympathize.  Someone once showed me the used car ads in a newspaper
they picked up on a business trip to Singapore.  Out-freakin-rageous!

A quick web search turned up a 2000 BMW 3-series (not an M3 - an entry
level 3) for sale in Singapore ... the price was shown as $93,000 (S)
... which is roughly $55,000 US. Not bad for a used 'baby' Bimmer.

Although, quite a bit more than it would go for in my neighborhood.

Hmmmmm ... actually ... we could use a nice new restaurant in my
neighborhood! Maybe you need to open a second location ... naturally
you'll need a cool car to tool around in while you're over here!

Temptingly,

RonL.