bicycles (was: Re: [thechat] investments, gasoline,andstupidity(not necessarily in that order))

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed May 5 15:37:51 CDT 2004

Terry Fowler noted:

>>The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to
>>man. Other forms of transport grow daily more
>>nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart.
>>--Iris Murdoch

"Indeed!"
'the bicycle uttered for the last time and fell to bits.'
-- The Epiplectic Bicycle .... by Edward Gorey

RonL.
(Who much prefers one of Gorey's other books for small, impressionable
children: The Gashlycrumb Tinies ... a marvelously macabre 'ABC' book!)

K is for Kate ...
http://www.wishville.co.uk/gorey/k.htm

and my favorite ... N is for Neville ...
http://www.wishville.co.uk/gorey/n.htm

Sorry, that one cracks me up!