[thechat] Isaac and Madhu

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Wed May 12 03:35:46 CDT 2004

On 12 May 2004 at 11:47, Madhu Menon wrote:

> I dunno if Isaac is still on this list, so I'll post this photo gallery of
> his Indian trip and his stay with me.

Pretty nice shots.

The locked window picture reminds me of a Gahan Wilson cartoon that
was published in the late 1960s. (For the younger and/or international
crowd, a cultural reference. American broadcast TV switched from
B/W to color in about 5 years. IIRC, the first shows in color were
Bonanza and Walt Disney, about 1959 or 1960, and the last show in
B/W was I Dream Of Jeanie - about 1965.) Anyhow, this cartoon of an
older couple watching television was all in black-and-white except for
the television, which was in garish, glorious brilliant color.  The woman
is saying to the man "This color is *wonderful*. I'm never going to
watch real life again!"

You're a handsome fella, Madhu. Somehow, I had pictured you as
being thin with precise features, but you look friendly, generous, and
approachble, like someone uh, er, uh, well, I'm never going to look at
real people again!

> Lastly, my restaurant doesn't look *that* orange-y IRL.

Color temperature of the light. Incandescent lighting runs about 3200K,
while outdoor lighting can run north of 10000K.

Looks like a warm and inviting place to rest your bones while chowing
down on victuals.

Hope you're prospering with the place. You certainly have sweated the
details....

--
AmishHosting.Com

Lots of space.