[thechat] Isaac and Madhu

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed May 12 04:31:59 CDT 2004

At 14:05 12/05/2004, deacon wrote:

> > I dunno if Isaac is still on this list, so I'll post this photo gallery of
> > his Indian trip and his stay with me.
>
>Pretty nice shots.

He took a lot more, but has still got to upload most of them.

>You're a handsome fella, Madhu.

Aw deke, can we get coffee and a movie first? ;)

Now if only more *women* thought so too. <grin>
"Cute" is usually the best I get.

>Somehow, I had pictured you as
>being thin with precise features,

Then you've never seen the infamous "Madhu and a chimpanzee" pic that
old-timers (er, not you RonL, I meant older members of thechat :) have
"seen" me in.
http://www.ryze.com/pics/vQQQkabOCEHC.jpeg

I'm genuinely curious: what made you think of me as "thin with precise
features"? Is it my writing style?

>but you look friendly, generous, and
>approachble,

Approachable? Mate, you missed the deadly steel cleaver in my hand, didn't
you?
http://www.bigtrip.org/photos/2004-01-09_India/1821.jpg

Isaac actually shot a video on his digicam of me chopping some carrots at
lightning speed. I thought he was taking still snaps, so I was slowly going
back and forth cutting them. Then I realised he was shooting video, so I
started doing the "julienne carrot in 3 seconds with sharp cleaver"
routine. I hope he posts that clip online some day.

> > Lastly, my restaurant doesn't look *that* orange-y IRL.
>
>Color temperature of the light. Incandescent lighting runs about 3200K,
>while outdoor lighting can run north of 10000K.

How do I adjust for that while taking snaps? I'm a leper at photography.

>Hope you're prospering with the place. You certainly have sweated the
>details....

It's walking, but not running yet. People are very happy with the food and
drink. Most of my business comes from repeat customers or referrals, so
that's promising. It just needs more customer numbers to increase the sales
a bit, but that will come with time.

>--
>AmishHosting.Com

Do the Amish even know about the Internet?

Regards,

Madhu
PS: My previous message got sent before I finished putting the examples in,
so apologies.