[thechat] Air America Radio

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed May 12 07:45:47 CDT 2004

Martin Burns noted:

>>While in another irc channel (#evolt to be exact), we've been slagging
>>off each others' choice of music, but generally finding some interest
>>in wierdo covers and 'not the version you expected'.
>>My current list:
>>http://www.easyweb.co.uk/Members/martin/tmp/reimaginings.html

Hi Martin,

Oooo!  Fun Stuff!

These are probably my two favorite covers, perhaps not overly
'adventuresome', but very good listens nontheless:

"Runaway" - Bonnie Raitt redoes the Del Shannon classic and brings
it forward a few decades.

"(I Know) I'm Losing You" - On the 'Up From The Dark' album by Dave
Stewart and Barbara Gaskin - the old Rare Earth classic. (Actually
the whole album is interesting covers ... after all, how often do you
hear anyone cover the 'Siamese Cat Song' from Disney's "Lady and the
Tramp" video or even Leslie Gore's "It's My Party" anyway?)

RonL.
(Who is a bit concerned about his truck spontaneously combusting ...
after all he's got a "Best of Ozzy" CD and a "Best of Rick Nelson" CD
in the changer at the same time!  Hey, transitions are fun, right?)