[thechat] surfacing

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed May 26 12:13:56 CDT 2004

> only large area I've no contacts in is China, and I think I
> can find a few
> first-degree contacts there.

I might could hook you up :) I know multiple Chinese engineers who all
have family back home. Might take them up on their offers to let me
visit. China - what a vacation *that* would be.

I've adjusted to this, but it's tough to
> explain to people back home in rural Ireland

speaking of which, we're hoping Fiona's younger sibling will be born in
rural Ireland in a couple years . . .

that "a guy I
> know who opened
> a restaurant" is in India, and "a friend of mine who's moving
> house" is in
> Atlanta. A good few of the neighbours there have never been
> to Dublin -
> never been more than about forty miles from their homes.
>
>    Drew.

sounds like Texas! Talked to folks who'd never been out of the *town*
they were born in. Six square miles is a teensy little world

joel