[thechat] surfacing

s t e f evolt at nota-bene.org
Wed May 26 12:41:45 CDT 2004

<quote who='Joel D Canfield' when='26/05/04 19:13'>

> I might could hook you up :) I know multiple Chinese engineers who all
> have family back home. Might take them up on their offers to let me
> visit. China - what a vacation *that* would be.

Oh yeah. We went to Beijing and the Great Wall two years ago.

That will remain one of my unforgettable memories of all times.

Imagine walking on your own, at seven in the morning, in a city where
there is nothing that you can get a hold of (especially the music of a
language that you can't grasp at all), on your own, and taking pictures
of old people (like maybe 70 years old) practising tai-chi in front of
one of the Forbidden City's walls. That was *sheer* *magic*.

> speaking of which, we're hoping Fiona's younger sibling will be born in
> rural Ireland in a couple years . . .

Leaving the US?