[thechat] surfacing

Drew Shiel gothwalk at velvet.net
Sun May 30 09:37:10 CDT 2004

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 12:28:34AM +0100, Martin Burns was observed to write:

> True, but being surrounded by Americans you realise that the average is
> better (certainly more intelligent and better informed) than the
> majority of American tourists we get here (Drew, you prolly find the
> same).

  We don't always distinguish between different tribes of tourist. The
ones that stand out most are the British hen parties (usually about ten of
them, all wearing pink tshirts saying "Sharon's Hen Night 2004 - Watch Out
Boys!"), and the Japanese camera-wielders, who occasionally ask apprently
random people to pose for photgraphs with them.

  Drew.

--
The Wizard of Duke Street: http://gothwalk.livejournal.com/