[thechat] Mauritius

Ashok Hariharan listman at hazard0us.org
Mon May 31 02:54:13 CDT 2004

I went there back in 2000 for 4 days on a business visit.  Great place.
Albeit, a bit touristy, though I
heard there were 'untouristy' places (where package tours dont go....).
Place was quite cheap
back then, dont know now, heard they were planning to convert the place
into some kind of super
luxury cement resort.......
Port louis can be a bit dull (except the area around the market ..),
Curpip is nicer -- 2nd biggest town in mauritius...
very good rum, cuisine is decidely oriental, and lots of pretty ladies
---if yu are into that kinda
thing...
Have fun.

--Ashok