[thechat] surfacing

John Handelaar john at videoisland.com
Tue Jun 1 10:58:25 CDT 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 16:42, Bob Davis wrote:
> Reminds me of a beautiful, sunny December day by the
> Spanish Steps in Rome, watching girls in the unseasonably
> warm weather, the sonorous tone of the Ferrari taking its
> last run of the year before being put up for winter,
> mulling over which bar to get the next espresso in....
> and suddenly hearing some gavone yell, "Anybody here from
> New Yawk City?" at the top of his lungs in the middle of
> the crowd.
>
> <shudder...>

Bob will be aware that Edinburgh has a particularly
effective ID mechanism for 'them'.  We call it tartan.
Anyone walking up Princes Street in a tartan hat or
trousers is... well, let's just say they're easily
identifiable, to make it simpler to greet them warmly.

jh

[Who's way less US-phobic than his SO, another thechatter
from these parts who hails from NYC herself].