[thechat] surfacing

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 13:18:35 CDT 2004

Yeah. The other thing I like about life over here is that while the 13c
wall is indeed a tourist attraction, it's just a walkway, really.
There's no admission price, it's not specially preserved, and there's
not a huge sign anywhere screaming 13TH CENTURY WALL! in glaring neon.

It's living, normalised history, and it's cool.

Not so cool are the 'merican tourists running around England shrieking
"Harry! Harry! Look, IT'S SO OLD!" at everything. Arrrgh.

Sorry, I'm super-grumpy about this stuff :)

---