[thechat] DJing the neighbours into submission

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Sun Jun 6 17:12:56 CDT 2004

> On 6/06/2004 1:04 PM +0100 Sabrina Dent, Apperception wrote:
>> So, I have a particularly horrendous version of *Scotland the Brave*
>> on
>> bagpipes, but I'm looking for other suggestions. Anyone?

Paul Cowan responded:

> Two words: Wesley. Willis.
>
> If Wesley can't win you this one, nothing can.

I was about to start in on a little soliloquy about how different
people have different tastes, and it might be quite difficult to find
any Ultimate Universal Annoyances -- but then I read this, and I
realized that Wesley's perfect for the job.

My preferred method is the "flea bomb" technique, which requires that
you leave for the day to avoid suffering any ill effects yourself:
1) Find an appropriately catchy/obnoxious song (currently "Hey Ya" by
Outkast ought to work quite nicely).
2) Loop it. Just the one track, indefinitely.
3) Turn it to 11.
4) Get out, quick! Don't forget to lock the door.

Runs a slight risk of someone smashing your windows, but it should be
effective.

Good luck.

--

David Wagner