[thechat] Nitrogen Tires?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Jun 14 14:57:18 CDT 2004

> >>I've got 75,000 on my Nissan Frontier, and the original tires
> >>look pretty darn good.
>
> Good grief Joel ... how the heck do you do that?

Here's my secret: drive like a flipping maniac, and pretend it's a
Maserati instead of a cute little baby pickup. And take lots of
cross-country trips.

Yeah, I was a little surprised meself when I realized I've never bought
tires for it. I got really scared 'cause I was on the freeway at the
time, and I said to myself, "Self, you're driving on four slicks, and
you're gonna die before the next offramp." But, no, they look fine.
Better shape than my shoes.

Perhaps it's actually because I *didn't* teach my son to drive a
standard . . .