boomhauer (was RE: [thechat] Nitrogen Tires?)

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Jun 14 16:00:16 CDT 2004

> to. Of course, down here it's also likely to have some Spanish thrown
> in.
>
> Just last night, I was getting some whole chickens at the market, and
> the butcher, after wrapping my two chickens up, says, "Che mas,
> amigo?". It took a split second, but I was able to give him
> the correct
> response instead of staring blankly at him. Gotta take some Spanish
> classes...

So strange to me: the whole time I lived in Texas (Fairfield, midway
betwixt DFW and Houston) I met exactly one Latina. Before we left SoCal,
I spoke Spanish pretty much fluently 'cause my dad worked in Tijuana.
But after seven years in Tejas, I'd forgotten nearly all of it 'cause I
never used it. There I was, thinkin' I'd get to speak Spanish in Texas.
Not if Fairfield you don't!

joel