[thechat] Rock Trivia Question

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Thu Jul 1 13:30:20 CDT 2004

Hi Gang,

It's been kinda quiet lately ... so I thought I'd ask a dumb question.

Last month on father's day my stepson gave me a really cool t-shirt with
a photo on the front from an old rock concert.  The photo has Jim Morrison
on stage ... out cold ... and in the background you can see some folks in
the audience. (The folks in the audience are cool cuz it looks like all
the guys are wearing ties! Ties?!? At a rock concert? I like it.)

Anyway, {here comes the question}, the t-shirt comes with a story that
I think is probably a bunch of balogna.

Here's the story:  The Doors are playing a show when, allegedly, Jim
calls Janis Joplin out from backstage. Being Jim, (and being quite
drunk), he does something stupid and pisses her off. Supposedly, Janis
runs backstage and comes back with a bottle of Southern Comfort in hand.
Janis then, purportedly, proceeds to clock Jimbo upside the head. After
which, this photo was taken.

Again, *I* think its a bunch of balogna ... but I'm willing to be set
straight if anybody has the facts here.

With or without the story - it's still a cool shirt!

RonL.