[thechat] Digicam advice

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Jul 24 05:29:49 CDT 2004

Thanks for the tips, Ron, Hassan, Deke and others.

At 01:51 24/07/2004, Luther, Ron wrote:
>I think we've talked before about food photography being a black art
>with lots of carefully kept secrets.  Sorry, I don't know too many
>tips in this area:

So you don't suppose pics like these can be taken without spending mucho
dollars?
http://www.thefoodsection.com/foodsection/images/horchataing.jpg

See how you can make out every last detail of the almonds. How did they do
that?

Before I wrote my previous post, I had taken some shots in my restaurant.
Here are the unimpressive results:

http://madmanweb.com/misc/dinner_flash.jpg
http://madmanweb.com/misc/drink1.jpg
http://madmanweb.com/misc/drink2.jpg
http://madmanweb.com/misc/mee_goreng2.jpg
http://madmanweb.com/misc/tofu_basil1.jpg

(Oh, there were plenty more, but they were atrocious!)

>1) Get a plant mister. Spritzing those fruits and vegetables with water
>makes them look more appetizing.

That first sentence puzzled me for a while. I kept reading it as "get a
plant, mister" in my mind and wondering what the heck you were on about. LOL.

Anyway, I'll keep practising.

Regards,

Madhu