[thechat] OT - Seeking Laptop Advice

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Aug 3 08:51:22 CDT 2004

Hi Gang,

Got the greenlight to put in a request for a new machine at work.
I'd like a laptop.  And noooo ... I'm pretty sure a 17" G4 running
OS X is out of the question.  ;-P

Anyway, I'm not quite sure what to ask for.  Here is the wish list
I have at the moment:

* An "nx9500" (that's the bugger with the 17" monitor) with the
following:

* The 3.4Ghz processor
* 2 Gb DDR SDRAM
* The 80Gb hard drive
* The DVD+RW drive  (that will let me archive data and music cds, right?)
* The Kensington lock
* A separate external fullsize keyboard
* A separate external scroll mouse

[Yeah - it's a 'chunky monkey' ... but it will probably sit on my
desk 99% of the time.]

So what did I miss?  What else should I be asking for?

<tip>
Your local library probably carries a lot more than just books these
days.  Music CDs, VHS and DVD videos, books on tape, and even software
can be checked out at a number of public libraries. It's worth a look!

(Sez Ron who currently has 6 music cds from the library playing in
the truck.)
</tip>

Thanks,

RonL.