[thechat] Naming Conventions

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Tue Aug 3 13:23:43 CDT 2004

On 3 Aug 2004 at 10:41, Joel D Canfield wrote:

> Well, mine are a bit obvious: machines are named Ireland, Scotland,
> England, Wales, Jersey, Orkney, and TheKnife.

The WinDesks were Huey, Dewey, Louie, and then we added Daisy
and Scrooge. I really am trying to avoid Donald, but 076-670 makes a
*lousy* machine name, and otherwise, we'll really start getting into
some rather marginal characters. Although "marginal" sorta is
appropriate to Microsoft OS computing....

And then there are the linux boxes, which have no logical naming
theme. The last one was "ides" which went online in mid-March.
Beware....

--
http://paulding.net   Useful utilities
http://pdhomes.net  Webhomes