[thechat] Re: Seeking Laptop Advice

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Aug 5 09:46:01 CDT 2004

> Martin Burns wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > My chances of getting a !Thinkpad are pretty minimal, though.
> > Fortunately, my X31 is pretty spiffy...
>
> /me strokes dell latitude x300 :)

/me strokes panasonic PII toughbook....yep, its only a PII, but not a
celeron, it's a full-bore PII 350.

i also have a p4 toshiba with a big screen, but on the way home from work
one night it lost its hard drive. (the horror story that never happens to
'you' AHHHHH!)

so i went back to my old toughbook--which i got from a mac-based
photographer, who shoots em for panasonic but didn't want a 'PC thing' (as
he called it.)

it's indestructible.
and it has a handle!
so it doubles as a hardy self-defense weapon!

nagrom