Freaky Brit names. was RE: [thechat] Celtic vs Chelsea at Seattle en Espanol

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Aug 8 15:58:09 CDT 2004

Martin Burns wrote:
> On 7 Aug 2004, at 13:08, William Anderson wrote:
>> Martin Burns wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> Aberdeen is pretty unique in Scottish football for
>>> a) Only having one team in the city, so no sectarian split
>>> b) Having an almost 1:1 mapping between living in the city and
>>> supporting the team.
>>
>> Eh?  Only 6 out of 12 teams in the SPL share location.
>
> ie 3 out of the 4 cities (no, please don't tell me that Inverness is a
> city, although until the acrimonious merger a few years back, they also
> had 2).

If Inverness is a city (and it is), then it's a city and it counts, and
coming out with weird stats like Aberdeen is the only city with a team, and
excluding like all the towns in Scotland which have one team is a bit ...
weird :)  Like there's hardly any cities in our country as it is, so odds of
going one way or t'other to the one team or multiple team in a city thing is
like duh :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him