[thechat] huge need to vent

deacon web at master.gen.in.us
Tue Aug 10 20:21:37 CDT 2004

On 10 Aug 2004 at 15:01, Joel D Canfield wrote:
> Oh well. At least I'm rid of her. The peace I feel *most* of the time
> and the smile on my Best Beloved's face when I get home from work
> compensate for a whole lot of this crap.

First time I bought a car, I paid too much and got a piece of junk.
Second time, I knew what to look for - and what to beware of.

First time I bought a house, I paid too much and got a piece of junk.
Second time, I knew what to look for - and what to beware of.

If I had met my current wife when I was in my teens or twenties, she
wouldn't have given me a second glance, nor would I have been
interested in her. And that's a shame because I wasted decades; she's
gotta be one of the ten greatest wives in the world. (I'll leave the rest of
you to figure out who the other nine must be; I'm not interested in
trading in this one.

That $35 marriage license? It's no bargain. But a divorce that runs six
figures can be the best deal going....

deke

--
http://paulding.net   Useful utilities