[thechat] Speed limits in USA

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Aug 11 10:59:19 CDT 2004

> Is it true? Is there no place like the Autobahn over there
> where you could
> take your sports car out for a good ol' ride?

Ron already pointed out car clubs (a buddy in San Diego put a V8
something or other in his Mazda Miata, and takes it out on the track
there sometimes.)

In California, at least, I sure as hell hope nobody tries to drive the
speeds y'all are talking about. The average Calibonehead can't keep
their car on the road at 55. It's like bumper cars crossed with mafia
hitmen some days. Makes me miss the security of my '64 GMC with the big
ol' push rack on the front and the plate steel side panels.

Got that beast up to 65 once. Ever heard a 305 cubic inch V6 *scream*?
Kids, don't try this at home.

joel