[thechat] Speed limits in USA

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Aug 13 10:14:52 CDT 2004

javier velasco wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Thanks to Madhu for dragging me back to reading this list!
>
> Can't resist some comments, I love cars:
>
> I had no idea that there was a Lotus version of the Omega...

I kept seeing one in Possil (seedier part of Glasgow) when working there in
a web design house some years ago.  Big, black, evil looking - you just know
it would rip the arse out of anything else on the road, sans some
over-priced Italian stuff :>

> In that same page you can see what was my first car, an Opel Corsa.

Ahhh, the Vauxhall Nova ... I had one as my second car - B plate, light
blue, rusting to bits.  It finally gave up the ghost as a crack in the head
gasket kept letting water into the engine, leading to a lovely mayonnaise
quality to the oil :)  Almost managed to get a £500 sight-unseen trade-in on
it for the next car I bought (an F plate Austin Maestro for a grand), but it
finally conked out on the way to the garage, blowing massive exhaust smoke
everywhere as the engine decide to completely stop working.  Ah, bless :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him