[thechat] Traffic Light Cameras

Martin Burns yumyum at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 07:09:50 CDT 2004

On Tue, August 17, 2004 11:13 am, Chris Spruck said:

> Along these lines, I'd be curious to hear from Martin what he gets for
> *real world* mileage rates.

A shade over 50 MpG thus far, compared to my A3's long term average of 31.2.

That's mixed small town/city/motorway-like conditions in both cases.

> Apparently, the miles per gallon (or km/liter) that the
> manufacturers put on the stickers (based on EPA requirements, at least in the US - no
> idea what they do for the UK or elsewhere) is measured by exhaust instead of actual fuel
> consumption, so the typically high numbers you see for hybrids aren't actually what you
> get.

Presumably then, non-hybrids will also not achieve the claimed rates.

Cheers
Martin

--
"Names, once they are in common use, quickly  | Spammers: Send me email to
 become mere sounds, their etymology being    | -> yumyum at easyweb.co.uk <-