[thechat] traveling to Ireland

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Aug 23 14:14:25 CDT 2004

Found out an hour ago that, barring attacks by Whangdoodles and
Vermicious Knids, my family and I will be spending January 05 in
Ireland.

Why January, you ask?

Two reasons: price, and perspective.

It's our goal to eventually emigrate, and with only one real opportunity
to spend some real time there, we'd rather experience the worst weather,
and know if we'd truly enjoy being there year 'round.

Also, instead of paying 1000 to 1500 pounds a *week* for a cottage by
the sea, we can do it for about 500 a *month* in the winter.

Perhaps we'll bump into some o' y'all - Europe's a small place, right?

joel