[thechat] american table manners -- fork in right or left..?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Aug 25 09:28:12 CDT 2004

Alan McCoy provided Irish commentary on American eating habits:

>>"Switching your utensils around. Do you know what we call that?"
>>"Chicken picking."

Hi Alan!

<different threadjack />

Gee! I didn't know Roy Clark [1] was Irish!   ;-)

RonL.
(Bah! ... They call *this* an 'office supplies catalog'?!?!? ...
Where are the rolls of carpeting? ... The hatchets? ... The bags
of quick lime? .... Humbug!)

[1] Late guitar player noted for his "chicken picking" style. Here
are links to a couple of sound files illustrating "chicken picking":

http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/melody/73/chickenpickin1.html
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/melody/73/chickenpickin2.html