Roy Clark is dead? (was RE: [thechat] american table manners --forkin right or left..?)

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Aug 25 13:08:17 CDT 2004

> Eeeek! Oooops ... my bad.  Gee. I was *sure* I had heard that. Whoa.
> Guess I'll be checking first in the future before pronouncing
> folks gone.

Long time ago, Bob Dale, King of the afternoon movie in San Diego,
announced that Mike Mazurki (huge hulking bad guy in a lot of old
movies; in my mind, the original Ahnold, only he was an actual actor)
was dead.

He got a call during the commercial. From Mike Mazurki. Who lived in San
Diego, and offered to come down and show how very alive he was. The
offer was declined, but the statement was enthusiastically retracted.

'The reports of his death are greatly etc.'

joel