[thechat] american table manners -- fork in right or left..?

Helen helen at helephant.com
Mon Aug 30 03:19:09 CDT 2004

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:

>.:|
>.:| > Apart from the one about the direction of the blade, it's
>.:| > common place in iceland to do so. And there are probably
>.:| > more, but you'll have to meet me and dine with me to figure
>.:| > them out ;)
>.:|
>.:| Love to! How far is it from Ireland to Iceland?
>
>Several thousand miles, i think. But onlu ~100UKP from Stanstead via
>IcelandExpress :)

I recently did the Australia to London flight.. for me it's really hard
to think of anywhere in Europe as far away, specially with the cheap
flights available here. But then I also laugh at anyone who suggests
that anywhere you can get to in England within two hours on a train is a
long trip. :)

       Helen