[thechat] There's a new kid in town

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Mon Aug 30 14:17:01 CDT 2004

Joel laid down the back beat with:

>  New wife (commonly referred to as 'The Right One') was briefly, well,
> aggressive ("GO GET THE NURSE NOW I'M GOING TO PUSH
> WHETHER SHE'S HERE
> OR NOT") but, angry? abusive? unpleasant in any way? Never happened.

Hehe, for me it's always been that LOVING kind of anger and abusive -- like
when Klingons have sex on Star Trek, ya know?

> Not that I like *watching*, mind you . . .

Once a bass player, always a bass player...
;-)

I like watching...well, kind of....I mean, I like to see their face pop out
of there. Mine have both popped out rather placidly, both stopped crying
right away.

That first look they give you always amazes me.
Both times it looked like they were thinking,
"Hey! Don't I know you?"
and then,
"Oh crud, I'm back *here* again? Where's my luggage."

Congrats again Steph!
Now BE CAREFUL....everyone you know with kids will start offering you huge
chunks of plastic that "your kid will love" (but they're really just
cleaning out their house). I have a basement full of kitchens, cars, UFOs,
you name it. Can't wait for a buddy around here to have a kid, so I can
unload some of it, hehe.

nagrom