[thechat] Batten Down!

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Sep 2 17:36:36 CDT 2004

Luther, Ron wrote:

> That our Florida 'volters may "weather the storm" safely!

> Man! ... that's a monster!
> http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/frances090204-1815zb.jpg

Whoa! No kidding -- and it looks like it's headed right over the
Bahamas. Three (four?) years ago almost to the day, my wife and I
were on an island in the Abacos with a storm building and headed
our way, and barely got off the island on schedule. The airport
was on the next island over, and it was an interesting boat ride
followed by a mighty bumpy takeoff in a little 10-seater.

I'll bet everyone there's well battened-down now...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.