[thechat] Madhu started a trend

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Sep 15 12:14:14 CDT 2004

At 20:31 15/09/2004, Judah McAuley wrote:
>Seems that once again, our Evolters are at the head of a new and
>interesting trend: developers leaving the tech world to become chefs.

Hehe. Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank my fellow evolters, the
academy, and well, that's about it.

>Meg Hourihan (founder of Pyra, maker of Blogger) has left Pyra and gone to
>work as a full time Chef. http://www.megnut.com/2004/09/from-geek-to-chef

She left Pyra a long while back, didn't she?

 From her latest entry on the site, I don't think she's "chef" quite yet.
 From the sounds of it (peeling shrimp for seven hours), she's probably a
"kitchen assistant". But there's hope. ;)

I have it easier. I can pick when to go to work, what to make, whom to
shout at, etc. :p

All that, but no salary...

(At least till I start making money. Lucky I get free food.)

>his restraunt actually has a website and a fine one at that.

Why, I'm positively blushing now. I enjoy cooking, and I enjoy writing. My
web site allows me to do both in a fun package.

Which reminds me...

I wrote a two part article on starting a restaurant for one of India's
largest portals. The editor fucked up my words a bit with her own "style",
but it survived without too many injuries. Also got me a flood of email and
web site traffic. Check it out:

Part 1: http://in.rediff.com/getahead/2004/sep/07ga--rest.htm
Part 2: http://in.rediff.com/getahead/2004/sep/08ga-rest.htm

Cheers,